Wednesday 3 October 2018

url - How can I disable the file:// protocol in Firefox?


How to disable file:// protocol in firefox


I want the users not to browse the local files on the machine.


I already disabled SaveAs and OpenFile functions.


I want user not to browse the local files or open it if he know the full path.



Answer



I found a way to do this.


First the scenario of our problem is:



  • We want client to use a PCs and they have access to firefox only

  • No "my computer","cmd",...etc.

  • We want them not to browse local files by Firefox , just browsing some sites.

  • We want to block file:// protocol that cause browsing of local files.


My suggested solution:




  1. Download r-kiosk extension and modify it to run on firefox 3.5.*




  2. Modify userPref.js to show the address bar in firefox ---- here we stop Save as,open file,remove extension,no viewsource,but users still browse the localfiles by typing file:///c:/ in url.




  3. Modify dirListing.css in Firefox/chrome/classic.jar/skin/classic/(skin name)/dirListing


    body{
    ...
    background-image:url(chrome://global/skin/dirListing/forbidden.png)
    }
    table{
    ...
    display:none;
    }


Hide elements like P,H1 by using visiblity:hidden


You can use this image created by me to make it as body background:


alt text


Here is the result:


link text


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...