Thursday 18 October 2018

shortcuts - Pin same app multiple times in Windows 7

I use some programs with command line arguments and like to have shortcuts for launching those programs with those arguments. For example, I keep several Firefox profiles around and like to specify the profile name on the command line. Similarly I have several Eclipse shortcuts with a command line argument specifying the workspace to open.


I would like to be able to pin these shortcuts to the start menu or taskbar in Windows 7. The problem I have is that once I've pinned one of these, no other shortcuts which launch the same exe can be launched.


I'm also open to suggestions such as a suitable desktop gadget which can contain a bunch of arbitrary shortcuts, yet remain in a fixed position on my desktop somewhere, or some way of adding a secondary taskbar (this was possible in XP).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...