Friday 12 October 2018

Pin Custom Files in Windows 8 Start Screen


If I right-click any .EXE file, it has the Pin to Start option:



But, if I right-click any file, it doesn't have the Pin to Start option:



Is there any trick/workaround to pin files to the Start Screen?



Answer



Here is a solution




  1. Make a shortcut to the file




  2. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs




  3. Place your shortcut in the folder




  4. Press Windows Key+Q and search the name of your shortcut




  5. Right click on the file and select "Pin to Start"




Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...