Thursday 11 October 2018

partitioning netbook without DVD drive using gparted


HP Netbook Mini 210 F14 xfce


I installed F14 xfce and using the entire disk.


Filesystem        Size  Used  Avail  Use%  Mounted on
/dev/sda2 97G 4.0G 92G 5% /
tmpfs 494M 212K 494M 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 485M 49M 211M 11% /boot
/dev/sda4 193G 8.5G 175G 5% /home

After I have installed all my programs, I need to install windows and I need visual studio.


So I was thinking of taking 20 GB from the /home directory and using that for windows.


I can use gparted. However, many posters on here think it is best to use gparted by booting from the disk. However, I cannot do this, as I don't have any DVD drivers. And I can't really afford to buy one just for this reason.


What is the best way to do this?


Many thanks for any advice,



Answer



Best would be to use GParted Live on USB. Follow the instructions for creating a GParted USB under Linux.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...