Tuesday 16 October 2018

keyboard - Space as modifier key XKB

Background:


Ultimately, I'm trying to set up a custom one handed keyboard layout similar to this demo(click one-handed typing demo).


XKB is used in many linux distros. Wikipedia has a decent description of xkb.



In human-computer interfaces, the X keyboard extension or XKB is a part of the X Window System that extends the ability to control the keyboard over what is offered by the X Window System core protocol. The main features of this extension are:



Unfortunately to achieve this functionality I must make the space bar a modifier.


The Question:


How would you set up the space key as a modifier in the XKB program?


http://www.charvolant.org/~doug/xkb/html/node3.html


It appears the space is unable to be a modifier by default.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...