Thursday 11 October 2018

How I get normal colors in c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe without reseting others settings



Currently when I use cmd.exe the red color is too dark and the blue and green colors don't apears. In other computers I don't have this problem. Using c:/windows/syswow64/cmd.exe in my computer I don't have this problem.


Previously I didn't change anything.


How I get normal colors?


The answers of the question How to reset the looks of the Command Prompt window, in Windows? refers to reset all the look. I need only to undertand the colors.



Answer



Based on How to reset the looks of the Command Prompt window, in Windows? and others sources I obtain a more precise answer:



I went to window register and look at two entries:



  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe

  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console


In the second one I have the normal colors. In the first one I have several color definition with the value 000000 (that corresponds with black), thats the reason beause I didn't see green and blue colors.



  • ColorTable00 = 000000 (black)

  • ColorTable01 = 800000 (blue)

  • ColorTable02 = 008000 (green)

  • ColorTable03 = 808000 (cyan)

  • ColorTable04 = 000080 (red)

  • ColorTable05 = 800080 (magenta)

  • ColorTable06 = 008080 (yellow)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...