Monday 1 October 2018

graphics card - Adding DDR2 1066MHz to DDR2 800MHz memory


My Current system has 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz memory, installed on Intel DG965WH board which supports up to 1066MHz.


I would like to add some memory and my question is what would be the best configuration for me:



  1. 2x1GB 800MHz + 2x2GB 800MHz = 6GB 800MHz

  2. 2x2GB 1066MHz = 4GB 1066MHz


I also intend to by a video card (Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5) which supports 1066MHz.


I use my computer for Java development and Games from time to time.


So what would give me the best performance? Quality or Quantity?



Answer



Nearly always quantity, assuming a basic level of quality, as long as you maintain dual- or triple-channel functionality.


"Quality" (speed) takes over once you've reached an amount of physical RAM that is no longer being completely consumed by the applications you're running.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...