Sunday 14 October 2018

cooling - Keep laptop in hot car indefinitely

I'd like to know if there's a good way to store a laptop (or other personal electronics) in a hot car long-term. For example, if I want to always just keep a Chromebook with a hotspot in my trunk, just in case I find myself in a situation where I need it - ideally I'd like it to even stay cool enough where I can use it right away without waiting for it to cool down once I bring it inside.


I'm in Phoenix, where the ridiculously long summer gets into the high 110s F, occasionally 120, which means a car gets much hotter than that. The inside gets to 160+, but I don't think the trunk does - but 120 wouldn't surprise me.


I've seen insulated laptop bags, pizza bags, thermal food coolers, etc., but I don't know if any of these would help long-term, or if they would just work for a day or two. Ideally, I'd like to just throw it in the trunk and forget about it until I need it, maybe weeks or months at a time.


EDIT I have seen questions related to leaving a laptop in a car for a short time, but I'm talking more about long-term. I know I absolutely shouldn't leave it unprotected for this long, so ideally I was hoping for a "XYZ thermos product will keep your laptop cool in a trunk for a week" answer, but it's looking unlikely based on the responses so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...