Sunday 7 October 2018

boot - Computer stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data"

I'm trying to troubleshoot this problem, I've had it happen before and I fixed it but nothing seems to be working.


My assumption is that since I can boot off the windows recovery disk this is purely an issue with corruption of MBR/BCD/Boot somethingrather... (my computer crashed hard just before this problem started...)


First thing I did was tried booting into the recovery console and running...


bootrec.exe /fixboot <- no effect
bootrec.exe /fixmbr <- no effect
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd <- no windows installations found

Weird.. so I check and low and behold there is no C:\boot folder at all...


Well, after trying quite a few things (mostly trying to manually rebuild the BCD) I 'fixed' that by setting the windows partition active and running the command over.


Now rebuildbcd works.. but I'm still stuck on the verifying dmi pool screen. I booted back in to the recovery console and it said there were issues with startup and it could fix them, I let it try... still stuck at DMI pool screen.


Basically, I've tried everything I know how to do, nothing's working. Any ideas?


EDIT: Okay so it appears that my "Boot manager is missing or corrupt" - no doubt due to the fact that my boot folder was totally wiped out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact&#39;s avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...