Friday 12 October 2018

auctex - Emacs, AUC Tex and Tex Live problem on Mac OS


I have (apparently) correctly installed MacTex 2010 and I am able to use it from the terminal and with Texmate.


But when I try to compile a Latex file using emacs in the AUC Tex mode it have an error.


Apparently the path to pdflatex is unknown although I added /usr/texbin in my .bash_profile file.


I tried to add this path to /etc/paths and to /etc/bash_profile but it is not working... Also, when I launch a bash terminal under emacs (with M-x term) I also have a very incomplete path.


How should I do to make this work ?



Answer



I tried using the environment.plist solution above (did it a few years ago, haven't reinstalled my computer in a while), but couldn't make it work at some point. So I simply inserted the missing paths into emacs, like this:


(setenv "PATH" (concat "/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:" (getenv "PATH")))
(setq exec-path (append '("/opt/local/bin" "/opt/local/sbin") exec-path))

In this case, I'm adding the paths to the Macports binaries. Probably not the most beautiful solution, but at least it works :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...