Wednesday 17 October 2018

32 bit - Start 32 bit Windows on Virtualbox without VT-X

Since my main PC went down, I swapped my HDD to an old PC that doesn't support VT-X at all, while the broken one does.


The problem is, my guest is a 32 bit Windows 7 that doesn't want to start because Virtualbox says my CPU doesn't suppport VT-X, even if I modify the VM's .vbox.


Is there any way to get rid of this problem, knowing that a 32 bit Windows 7 Virtualbox guest do actually work without VT-X ?


Edit:


The problem solved by itself, I don't even know why. Or a reboot of my host maked it or Virtualbox made a good refresh of the .vbox file. They are the only explanations I can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...