Monday 9 July 2018

windows 7 - Bridge NIC to VM without it being used by Host-machine?

I would like to bridge some network cards so that my virtual machines, running in VMware workstation 9, can connect through them, but not the physical windows computer on which the VM's are running. How do I do that?


I want one NIC to connect the host machine to the internet, and the rest of the NIC's to connect the VM's to the lab network.


Right now my host machine loses internet connection the second I connect any of the bridged NIC's to the lab network. Also, port security keeps seeing two MAC-addresses on each bridged NIC - one from the VM and one from the host - shutting the port down all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...