Monday 9 July 2018

hard drive - High Disk Usage on Windows 10


I have a Dell Inspiron Core i5 with 4 GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk. After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1, I am constantly facing a high disk usage problem which is causing my machine to run a ot slower than usual. The processes that usually have a high disk usage are as follows:



  1. Antimalware service executable

  2. System and compressed memory


Is there any workaround for this issue?



Answer



The trace shows that the Antimalware service (Windows Defender) is causing most disk IO and here it hangs at scanning the MFT (Master File Table) and reading data from the pagefile:


enter image description here


For me Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials were always slow and I never used them. Also try a different AV suite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...