Wednesday 4 July 2018

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 errors with 0x8024200D


I have seen a few people with this problem on forums, but nobody seems to have a solution yet. Windows says I should restart because I have an update pending (this is 10586). During restart there is no indication that any updated are being installed or have failed to be installed. Once I log back into Windows I am told that there was a problem installing updates.


enter image description here


In the event log I can see:



Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.



Does anybody know what is wrong or how to fix this?



Answer



Here is how I fixed this issue:



  1. I booted into safe mode (using MSCONFIG).

  2. I deleted the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

  3. I turned off safe mode and booted into windows normally.

  4. I re-downloaded and attempted to install the update again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...