Wednesday 4 July 2018

security - Is there a way to secure a powerpoint presentation against edits?


I have a few powerpoint slideshows I need to distribute, but I would like the receivers to not be able to edit them. They still need to be able to launch embedded links though.


It seems like this is a difficult task, given the nature of powerpoint and I've read quite a few conflicting reports on different aspects. Some say that password protecting from editing allows the end user to save a copy without restrictions, much like word or excel, others suggest it won't allow that.


I've read about some 3rd party software solutions like SecurePack, which doesn't seem like an optimal choice after reading their FAQ. Alternately, is the Microsoft Information Rights Management service, but that doesn't really seem like it would let me accomplish what I am looking to do anyhow.


Does anyone know of a way to allow the files to be playable, yet keep their content relatively secure?



Answer



Why not save the presentation as a PDF? Some formatting may not work out perfectly, but links will still work and it will not be editable as a PowerPoint file.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...