Saturday 10 November 2018

partitioning - Windows 10 clean install and hard drive partition


I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 using the "Windows Update"


Firstly, it didnt ask me for a clean install option (i think i need to use a "Media Creation Tool" for that, which i wasnt aware of). How to go about it?


Secondly, I wish to partition my drives differently and i cant find a way to do so. Can someone guide?


Thirdly, My laptop is lagging more then ever. What could be the reason for it?


I am planning to revert back to the original version and use the media creation tool somehow to do a clean install. Any other suggestions?



Answer



Reset


Since you have already upgraded to Windows 10, you can effectively get a clean install by resetting. If you want a real clean install, you can always just create an ISO using the Windows 10 media creation tool.


First go to Settings and then Update & security.


Update


Then on the left side click Recovery.


Recovery


Under Reset this PC select Get Started.


Reset


In order to do a full reset you'll want to select Remove everything.


Remove


Partitions


Disk Management is the same as it was before. There are a few ways to get there. The way I usually do it is open Windows Explorer and right click This PC on the left. Then select Manage.


Manage


Once Computer Management opens, select Disk Management on the left.


Disk Management


Here you can partition drives, shrink volumes, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...