Saturday 17 November 2018

partitioning - No longer possible to install Windows on FAT32 partitions?


I remember installing XP on a FAT32 partition when it was first launched, but never tried it since then with subsequent versions of Windows. Is it still possible to do so with Vista onwards, or was FAT32 boot support dropped somewhere down the line? I'm looking for official documentation regarding this change.



Answer



Yes after Windows XP FAT32 partition system is not supported by the Windows installation.


Microsoft KB confirms it why user can't upgrade from XP to Vista if they are on FAT32. So from there they have leave the FAT32 boot system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...