Monday 12 November 2018

facebook - Wget - Difficulty Excluding Domains and Directories

I am using Wget in Windows 7. I believe this restricts me to Wget 1.11.4.


For anyone interested in the details, I have posted a sample wgetrc file. This sample is actually the one I am currently using. My Wget command is as follows:


wget 2> "I:\Current\Wget\wgeterr.log"

I am having problems with the options that are supposed to restrict what gets downloaded. As detailed at the end of wgetrc (above), some forms of those restrictions don't seem to work.


In particular, I think I am correctly indicating, with exclude_domains, that I don't want to include twitter.com in the download, as a folder on the same level as the website I am downloading (i.e., raywoodcockbio.wordpress.com). Yet I am getting twitter.com nonetheless.


The question is, how can I prevent twitter.com (also facebook and other social media site folders) from being included in my download?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...