Wednesday 7 November 2018

amazon ec2 - How to install PHPMyAdmin on Linux EC2 instance?


I just finished setting up a default Linux EC2 instance and would like to install PHPMyAdmin. I already have Apache and MySQL installed but cannot seem to install PHPMyAdmin. I tried using


sudo apt-get phpmyadmin but the command apt-get is not recognized.


I also tried sudo yum install phpmyadmin but that I get the message No package phpmyadmin available.


Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?



Answer



I found an easy solution here.


Do the following:




  1. Navigate to the apache folder


    cd /var/www/html


  2. Ensure ownership of the folder (assuming signed in with ec2-user)


    sudo chown ec2-user .


  3. Download phpMyAdmin


    wget https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.5.0.2/phpMyAdmin-4.5.0.2-all-languages.tar.bz2


  4. Unzip


    tar -jxf phpMyAdmin-4.5.0.2-all-languages.tar.bz2 -C /var/www/html


  5. Rename the folder


    mv phpMyAdmin-4.5.0.2-all-languages phpmyadmin


  6. Remove the zip file


    rm -rf phpMyAdmin-4.5.0.2-all-languages.tar.bz2


That's the basics. You can find more info in the link provided above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...