Friday 6 July 2018

windows - Keep using Microsoft Reader after it has been discontinued

As of today (16/02/2018) Microsoft has apparently discontinued the Microsoft Reader app. Per this article



After updating to the latest version of the Reader App, users will be getting a notification when launching the application informing them about the app being discontinued or pulled in February 2018.


The app will not be usable beyond the above mentioned date and the users are hence advised to use the Microsoft Edge Browser for reading PDF, Windows XPS Viewer for XPS and Windows Photos for TIFF files.



In my opinion it is the best PDF Reader out there (For Double Click on PDF -> Just load it as fast as possible without any bells and whistles).


My question is whether there is a way to keep it running by overriding whatever is going on that prevents it from running?


In addition, any way to keep its installation to make it run on future installation of Windows I will have just like you can keep APK in Andorid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...