Friday 6 July 2018

windows 8 - Simulate Multiple Monitors

I'm trying to find out if there is a product out there to simulate Multiple Monitors on one large monitor/tv? So take a screen and turn it into something like below...


--------------------------------
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
--------------------------------
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
--------------------------------

Something like this...even though in reality it's a single screen. A software solution is perfectly fine as long as it functions like the built in Windows 8 functionality (Start screen only consumes the screen it was started on/etc).


If anyone is curious as to the reason. I'm looking to get a treadmill desk since I'm a developer and don't like being sedentary all day. So the two options that I see are having 4 monitors and mirroring them (I don't want to have to worry about forgetting to move the window that I need) or getting a large monitor/tv and putting it on an arm that I can simply swivel into place.


There are dual-monitor swivel mounts, but they are EXTREMELY pricey and the ones I've found don't appear to have the range of motion that I'm anticipating needing.


EDIT: I found this... but I can't find the answer to the start menu question (I've sent the company a message on facebook). Hoping I hear good news as this appears to offer many of the features I'm wanting. So Fingers crossed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...