Sunday 8 July 2018

Outlook 2010 Navigation Pane - Show Unread Count on Mailbox


I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 64. I want the unread count of my mailboxes to show on the Navigation Pane, but on the mailbox, not on the folders. I like to keep my mailboxes compacted so when an email comes in I'd like it to be shown in the view of the screenshot:


enter image description here


My Google-fu has failed me, or this isn't a setting-option. I'd be willing to set up a macro that would do it upon application.open, but I'm unfamiliar with Outlook VBA. Any help is greatly appreciated!


Oh, an a screenshot that I made of what I'm looking for:


enter image description here


Oh, and I know that using favorites will do something like this for me, but I don't want to use that. I want it like this, if possible.



Answer



One "sort-of" solution is to first disable unread count in all folders, as described in:
Enable or disable Folder Unread count in Subscribed folders in MS Outlook 2010.


To get back the unread count, you would then create a Search Folder that aggregates all the emails of the folder and all its subfolders into a single view, modifying the Search Folder criteria to show only the unread items in that folder.


The following article might also be useful :
Refreshing unread counts for IMAP folders in Outlook 2007 or 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...