Monday 2 July 2018

Is there a command line tool to put Windows 8 to sleep?


Possible Duplicate: How can I put the computer to sleep from Command Prompt/Run menu in Windows Vista?



A few days ago I installed Windows 8. I first found the lack of the "shutdown" menu comical, but now it's starting to annoy me. There seems to be no normal way to put my computer to sleep. The closest I found was:



  1. Ctrl + Del + Del

  2. 2x Shift + Tab

  3. Enter

  4. Arrow down

  5. Enter


As an alternative, I'm now looking for a command line tool to put Windows 8 to sleep.


The closest I could find was:


shutdown /h

Which causes Windows to hibernate. Unfortunately, hibernate isn't sleep. You can't wake a computer from hibernation with a key: you have to press the power button. And the computer will go through the BIOS startup before waking from hibernation.


Has anyone found a convenient way to put Windows 8 to sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...