Friday 6 July 2018

Google Chrome with real-time CSS editing and save changes back to original file. Is it possible?


One of things I love of modern browsers is how you can edit the css and get to see the results in real time. Often when designing frontend elements, I find myself adjusting many css properties directly in chrome, and only when I'm happy with the result I copy back all the changes to my original css files. I'm not sure how common this practice is, but it works for me.


The question: Is there any way, perhaps an extension, that can compare the original page css in google chrome to the edited one and output all the changes? This may sound lazy, but it can make sense: if you've been editing CSS for about an hour on chrome, tracking back all the changes accross all divs and classes can be time consuming, and that's where a tool to output the changes immediately would save a lot of time.


Edit: Or perhaps this can be done with some javascript wizardry in the console?



Answer



You may be interested in this neat functionality built into Google Chrome:


Change CSS and SAVE on local file system using Chrome Developer Tools


enter image description here


I tried it now and it works great highlighting the changed lines. Just click Save and you're done! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...