Thursday 15 November 2018

windows xp - Can I move Ubuntu vmware installation to a new laptop?

I am getting a new laptop at work but I have had Ubuntu 9.10 installed on my old XP machine on vmware. I am guessing that migrating to the new machine would not be as easy as just copying the virtual machine files (vmdk, vmx, etc.) to the new PC? Would someone please let me know if that is the case or what are the steps I need to take to migrate to the new laptop carrying my Ubuntu installation along?


Note: the new laptop is almost identical to the old one, just rebuilt.


Thanks much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...