Monday 12 November 2018

windows - No VGA and sound driver installed in XP guest machine in Hyper-v virtualization?

I have a Windows 10 host with 1 XP virtual machine using Hyper-v. However after installing XP for the guest machine, I don't see any VGA or sound driver, so the performance in guest machine is a little poor and no sound can be played, here is the screen shot of the Device manager:


enter image description here


You can see there is one entry listed involving sound in the pic but in fact the sound device is not working, I opened the Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel and here is what it shows:


enter image description here


It looks like drivers are missing but I don't know what to download. Technically I need to know about the hardware info but it is not even listed for me to see any piece of info to search for the drivers. I've tried googling around and found out about RemoteFX and Integration services but they seem to be used only in a Windows Server host. I've also seen some screen shot showing info about 1 video adapter called Microsoft Hyper-v Video but I'm not sure about the guest OS as well as how to make that available in my XP guest. I've tried googling for its driver but not found anything.


I hope someone here has experienced this issue to help me solve it. It's not really important currently but I think it may be in future. Also I'm fairly new to Hyper-v (switched from Virtual Box and VMWare, I can use VMWare again but totally disappointed with Virtual Box - the one caused 2 times of BSOD error on my host). Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...