Saturday 17 November 2018

windows 8 - An error occurred while connecting [drive] to [share]. The local device name is already in use

I map a network drive from a PC (workstation) to another PC (server), that is always on.


When my workstation sleeps and comes out of sleep, I get this error message:



An error occurred while connecting [drive] to [share]. The local device name is already in use. This connection has not been restored.



enter image description here


I get one of those for each explorer window I had open pointing to the network drive.


If I go click the network drive in My Computer, type G: in explorer or really do anything to access the network drive, everything works great again.


How can I avoid this happening?


Both PC's are Windows 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...