Saturday 3 November 2018

windows 7 - Can recovery disk of one laptop be used on another laptop?



  1. I was wondering if the recovery disk of one laptop be used on another laptop?

  2. So generally, when we buy a new laptop, are we supposed to get a OS installation disk? Or just a recovery disk?


PS: my laptop is Lenovo T400 with Windows 7.



Answer



Often manufacturer supplied recovery disks will check the make and model of the machine you try and run them on. If they're not right, they won't work.


I wish you always got an OS Installation disk but that's not the case anymore. I've bought hardware and been given a restore disk, or even instructions on how to burn my own disk with their software...


If you have two Lenovo T400s then yes, the recovery disk will 'probably' work with both of them.


I wouldn't suggest trying recovery disks if they aren't for the same laptop, however they were made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...