Wednesday 7 November 2018

windows 7 - Bootkit.0010 issues?

Did read this: How can I remove malicious spyware, malware, adware, viruses, trojans or rootkits from my PC?


But, computer I have is out of the box (OEM) and I've never connected it to the internet. Just did the install, and was starting working on moving applications (anti-spyware, etc) over to it via a USB drive, when I got a notification saying I have bootkit.0010:


enter image description here


Of course the AVG on the computer won't do anything (nothing happens when clicking 'protect me'), not connected to the internet so can't get 'show details'.


https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions/2727#block2


Downloaded that, and moved it (via the same USB drive, only one available and not formattable) to the computer, installed/run it, and it finds nothing.


Found this, trying it next: http://www.avg.com/us-en/remove-win32-bootkit.tpl-stdfull


What else should I be trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...