Monday 19 November 2018

vim - How to run vimtutor on windows?


I'm running vim on Windows 7. It works, but when I type vimtutor on the command line, a window opens and closes immediately, and nothing else happens.


Is there a way to run vimtutor with Vim for Windows?



Answer



Run gVim from the Start Menu, then File->Open


C:\Program Files\Vim\vim73\tutor\tutor

(may be different with another version or install location, it doesn't have a file extension). Save a copy of the file to My Documents using the menu.


The vimtutor command is a merely a shortcut command to do this, as well as automatically showing the correct translations if necessary. You don't need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...