Wednesday 7 November 2018

Version number of Windows 7 from its image (iso,..)


How find out version number of Windows 7 from its DVD image before installing it?



Answer



Assuming you can mount the image, run cmd as administrator and type:


dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:A:\sources\boot.wim

A is your iso mountpoint.


or just extract the boot.wim file to somewhere and use its location in the command above.


Update: If you open boot.wim, there is an xml file usually called [1].xml. in there you can find the exact build information similar to this:



0
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
WindowsPE
WindowsPE
WinNT

en-US
en-US

617601175141WINDOWS


The tag is what tells you the built version. for above example: V 6.1.7601 SP1.17514


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...