Tuesday 6 November 2018

reinstall - Do I need to activate Windows 8 if I used it before?


I recently installed Linux on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 8 and I'd like to start using Windows again. I used to use it before. Will I need to buy Windows 8 again if I get the official ISO file from the Windows website?



Answer




I already used it before, do i need to buy Windows 8 again, if i get the official ISO file from the Windows website?



The Windows installation environment will automatically detect your Windows 8 OEM license which is stored on the ACPI table on your laptop's motherboard. Since finding a Windows 8 ISO is difficult, I would suggest just using the Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool by HeliDoc.net.


enter image description here


After you have the tool installed and the ISO downloaded create the installation disk and install Windows 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...