Sunday 4 November 2018

performance - Google Chrome is slow to localhost


For some reason Google Chrome is slow when I'm working against localhost. I had the same problem in Firefox 3.5 but I changed some IPv6 setting in about:config which fixed the issue. I think the same problem occurs in Google Chrome, but I can't find out how to fix it.


Any ideas?



Answer



Just an idea : do you have a line that looks like this :


::1 localhost

in your hosts (it should be somewhere like C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts, if I remember correctly) file ?


If yes, comment that line by adding a # at the beginning.


This way, the only line that's about localhost should be


127.0.0.1    localhost

which is IPv4.


It might help, if your problem is really caused by IPv6.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...