Friday 9 November 2018

mouse - How do I disable the trackpad in ubuntu 10.04?


I have an usb radio mouse, so I would like to disable the trackpad to while i have the mouse plugged in. Is there a nice and easy way to do this ?



Answer



If you have a Synaptics touchpad (very common in laptops), you can disable the trackpad using the synclient command. See http://embraceubuntu.com/2006/03/24/disable-synaptics-touchpad/ for a thorough explanation.


You could either bind that command to a key, or have it executed automatically when the USB mouse is (un)plugged by putting an appropriate script into udev. The latter might be a bit tricky though.


If you are just annoyed that you brush the touchpad while typing, there's a daemon to disable the touchpad while typing: http://embraceubuntu.com/2006/09/20/disable-touchpad-temporarily-when-typing/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...