Sunday 11 November 2018

microsoft word - How to Improve Mac OS Spell Checking?

I've recently switched to Mac and although I like it overall but many useful features just don't seem to work. One example is the spell-checker. Most often it gives me no suggestions at all whereas I can get suggestion for the same spelling in MS word on my windows laptop (note: MS word on my Mac doesn't work effectively either). For instance, look at the example below:


1."Sophicistated" spelled in-correctly in Pages:


A screenshot from the pages app on Mac



  1. "Sophicistated" spelled in-correctly in TextEdit:


enter image description here



  1. "Sophicistated" spelled in-correctly in MS word:


enter image description here


Now, although I don't have my windows laptop with me right now but I grabbed a screenshot from MS Word's onlne editor on skydrive and that seems to work perfectly.


enter image description here


Google docs also works equally efficiently. This is not just one example, after seeing it not work for countless spellings I'm finally posting it here.


Foremost, I wonder why MS Word doesn't work with same effectiveness in Mac.


Are there any ways to improve the accuracy and effectiveness of the Mac spell checker?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...