Sunday 11 November 2018

macos - Mac OS X: Trying to install prolog using fink


I am trying to install prolog on Mac OS X 10.4.11.


I just downloaded fink because I think that that should help me and I am trying to get either:


Package swi-prolog-5.8.1-2


or


Package gprolog-1.3.1-1


But I am not having any luck.


Here is what I was doing:


% fink install swi-prolog-5.8.1-2
Information about 1723 packages read in 0 seconds.
Failed: no package found for specification 'swi-prolog-5.8.1-2'!
%

Question 1: Are these what I want to download?


Question 2: Why isn't fink working?




Update


% apt-cache search prolog --full
Package: yap
Source: yap
Version: 4.4.4-1002
Priority: optional
Section: languages
Maintainer: Matthias Neeracher
Depends: readline-shlibs (>= 4.3-1028), gmp-shlibs (>= 4.1.4-1), libmpfr1-shlibs, darwin (>= 8-1)
Architecture: darwin-i386
Filename: dists/fink-0.8.1/main/binary-darwin-i386//languages/yap_4.4.4-1002_darwin-i386.deb
Size: 2112546
Installed-Size: 6400
MD5sum: f78c8cd4534426ac799dae84ff3fea14
Description: Yet another prolog
A high speed implementation of the Prolog programming language.
.
Web site: http://yap.sourceforge.net
.
Maintainer: Matthias Neeracher
builddependsonly: Undefined

Question: Does this mean that Prolog is installed? How do I find out where?



Answer



I believe it should be:


fink install swi-prolog

The package name is swi-prolog. Fink will take care of getting the right version. You may also find apt-cache helpful:


apt-cache search prolog

EDIT: I think the issue is that swi-prolog and gprolog are in the unstable section. The Fink FAQ explains how to turn unstable on. After following those instructions, you should be able to install them.


yap comes up in apt-cache because it is in the stable section. However, it's not installed. If you choose to use that, you still have to do:


fink install yap 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...