Friday 9 November 2018

laptop - Why touchpad glitches when Ethernet cable is connected?

I have two laptops (black and white) both connected to the same mains.


when I then with Ethernet cable and connect black laptop to AC adaptor, white laptops's touchpad starts glitching: can't move/press buttons, cursor is oscillating even when I don't move finger.



  • Disconnect black laptop from mains - glitch stops

  • Disconnect Ethernet cable - glitch stops

  • When black laptop is charging, it is more likely to occur then when it is idle and charged. White laptop's touchpad starts glitching not when I plug in AC adaptor, but when charging LED lights up.

  • None of AC adaptors are grounded.


How can one laptop influence the other through the Ethernet card? Is there easy way to prevent it (apart from temporarily disconnecting the cable, AC or using USB mouse)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...