Friday 9 November 2018

compression - Files being uncompressed faster than physicaly allowed by hard drive?


I recently got my new computer at the university and it is blazing fast. However when I decompress certain types of files, the computer says I'm decompressing them at over 200MB/s, which is way faster than what my hard drive can be written to (a single standard 7200rpm HD).


whats going on here? Dose it have anything to do with that "intel rapid storage technology" program running in the background? and if so, what exactly is it doing?



Answer



How much RAM have you got in your new computer and what size files and OS? The speed is most likely down to it all happening in RAM before it hits the disk depending on the size of the files and what the app is you are using to decompress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...