Tuesday 13 November 2018

64 bit - Uninstall the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer 8 (Windows 7)


Can I uninstall or override the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, so that it won't get activated as the default browser?


I would like to leave the 32-bit version installed.



Answer



Unless you made some changes to your system, Internet Explorer 32-bit should be the default browser.


I'm not sure what Windows version you're running, but in Windows 7 64-bit, by default, IE8 32-bit automatically runs when you start the browser from any one of the following locations:



  • The Quick Launch toolbar

  • The desktop

  • The Start menu

  • A hyperlink or a file type that is associated with Internet Explorer


If you want to see which version is currently running, check the Help -> About Internet Explorer window. The 64-bit version will note that it's the 64-bit version.


If you truly want to uninstall Internet Explorer, you'll have to remove both versions following these steps from Microsoft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...